My wife and I checked in with our dog for our HONEYMOON on Sunday 6/26/16 and had an anticipated date of check out on 6/30/16. There was no one at the front desk so my wife waited, then waited some more until the clerk finished her cigarette and decided she could help us. My wife advised at the time of the check in we had our dog was there anything special we needed to do or sign we were advised no. We dropped our stuff off in the room and took our dog out for a hike like we do EVERYDAY we dropped her off in the room with a bone in her crate and went off to dinner. We did the exact same thing the next day with an added walk in the afternoon before going out for dinner again.
We were not impressed at this point due to being put right next to the laundry room so we could hear the upstairs toilets flush all night and the laundry being done throughout the night, the whole place smelled like chlorine (even in our room), and the beds were in poor condition at best, NONE of the key entries worked however, we were happy it was our honeymoon and did not want to bother anyone about any minor details. However, on our third day of performing yet the same ritual walking the dog for over an hour we received a call from "Johnny" the manager who informed us in a very rude and aggressive tone that we left our dog in the room alone and we had to be back IMMEDIATELY. We turned around went in and apologized to "Johnny" and advised we were never informed of any "Policy" he spoke of he raised his voice and said that we booked through a third party so we would not have seen it. I advised him the I had looked on the website as well and there was nothing on there stating a pet could not be left unattended. He became more upset for no reason and advised us that we had to figure it out and walked away in the middle of our conversation.
My wife and I looked at each other just appalled that someone would talk to their customers like that. We do not do business with people and or establishments that support that type of behavior so we packed up in the middle of our HONEYMOON and found a place that was WAY more ACCOMMODATING and FRIENDLY. Upon our departure (Paying for a visit that was not even half way completed IN FULL) I asked "Johnny" if there was anything he could do for us seeing how we were never informed at check in about a "Policy" he began to yell that it does not matter no one told us. I advised I was going to reach out to the corporate office and he continued to use profanity towards me and telling me walk off and many other insults but in nasty, derogatory, and profane terms that I will not even repeat. I tried to explain that even on the website when you click on "policies" the only thing that shows is the check in age and times. "Johnny" did not care and continued to treat me like a piece of trash.
More Review Details
|Quality of Food|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Facilities and Services|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refund policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Worst vacation experience ever at Motel 6 at Cocoa Beach! 1.) We made reservations and still had to wait 45 minutes in the hot sun with our baby.2.) Our room..."
- "The bathroom was dirty....hair inside the towel&on tub..SAFE IT WAS NOT.PLUS HAD SOMETHING STUCK IN IT.SINK STOPPED UP .NO PHONE,NO CABLE.trash &food BEHIND TV..WENT TO THE OFFICE THE NEXT MORING...I..."
- "The only people I can say actually did their job with dignity and class, were the housekeepers. I understand if the manager had a bad day, week, month or even..."
- "I must say that I'm extremely unhappy with the folks over there at http://www.springofknowledge.com. I purchased Guitar Magic 3 a few years back and have since had to change..."
- "We planned a weekend getaway to Traverse City for our anniversary. Reviewed the Harold's Resort website and it looked like a nice place to stay. Looked at their pictures on..."
- "We went to Save a lot to buy a few things like we always do but this week May-21-2015 we picked up a Gallon of 2% milk (White) and got..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."