My wife and I checked in with our dog for our HONEYMOON on Sunday 6/26/16 and had an anticipated date of check out on 6/30/16. There was no one at the front desk so my wife waited, then waited some more until the clerk finished her cigarette and decided she could help us. My wife advised at the time of the check in we had our dog was there anything special we needed to do or sign we were advised no. We dropped our stuff off in the room and took our dog out for a hike like we do EVERYDAY we dropped her off in the room with a bone in her crate and went off to dinner. We did the exact same thing the next day with an added walk in the afternoon before going out for dinner again.

We were not impressed at this point due to being put right next to the laundry room so we could hear the upstairs toilets flush all night and the laundry being done throughout the night, the whole place smelled like chlorine (even in our room), and the beds were in poor condition at best, NONE of the key entries worked however, we were happy it was our honeymoon and did not want to bother anyone about any minor details. However, on our third day of performing yet the same ritual walking the dog for over an hour we received a call from "Johnny" the manager who informed us in a very rude and aggressive tone that we left our dog in the room alone and we had to be back IMMEDIATELY. We turned around went in and apologized to "Johnny" and advised we were never informed of any "Policy" he spoke of he raised his voice and said that we booked through a third party so we would not have seen it. I advised him the I had looked on the website as well and there was nothing on there stating a pet could not be left unattended. He became more upset for no reason and advised us that we had to figure it out and walked away in the middle of our conversation.

My wife and I looked at each other just appalled that someone would talk to their customers like that. We do not do business with people and or establishments that support that type of behavior so we packed up in the middle of our HONEYMOON and found a place that was WAY more ACCOMMODATING and FRIENDLY. Upon our departure (Paying for a visit that was not even half way completed IN FULL) I asked "Johnny" if there was anything he could do for us seeing how we were never informed at check in about a "Policy" he began to yell that it does not matter no one told us. I advised I was going to reach out to the corporate office and he continued to use profanity towards me and telling me walk off and many other insults but in nasty, derogatory, and profane terms that I will not even repeat. I tried to explain that even on the website when you click on "policies" the only thing that shows is the check in age and times. "Johnny" did not care and continued to treat me like a piece of trash.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Quality of Food
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Smell
    • Refund policy
    • Noise

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #877998 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Motel 6? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.