Motel 6 - THEY REFUSE TO CLEAN

235 of 495 Motel 6 reviews

Update added by user Feb 28

More issues with staff named ALEXANDRA —She again is shouting at me this time at front desk.After calling the front desk for bedding and the maid refusing me,I went to the front desk to complain again that the maids refuse to bring me bedding when the maid alexandra followed me to the front to start an argument with me.

SHE FOLLOWED ME TO START SOMETHING!!!!!

They are REFUSING to give me bedding for the room and still shouting at me for the mess. I showed u pics and frankly i can clean quicker and better then these women. Its not that big a mess and as far as blankets are concerned all they had to do was change them but she complained that solely changing them would have caused a bigger mess in the room. NO WAY THAT IS POSSIBLE, IF DIRT IS ON BLANKETS U FOLD THEM AND TAKE THEM OUT OF THE ROOM NOT COMPLAIN THERE IS A MESS AND REFUSE TO CLEAN IT.

THERE WAS DRIED MUD ON THE BEDDING THAT WAS FLAKED OFF THE DOG SO NOT GROUND IN OR ANYTHING JUST DUSTY MESS. They have made me so angry i am crying. NO HOTEL STAY SHOULD END IN TEAR but this one has. I can’t even get my money back to leave instead i am stuck hiding the REST OF MY STAY for fear of being shouted at by your staff.

If they would just do their job without complaining and do it in a timely fashion as to not make guests stay out of their rooms all day so it can be cleaned then this would not be a problem. But again ALEXANDRA is using excuses like she wasn’t working the day before so its not her fault it wasn’t cleaned….I’m thinking proper customer service is to say to the guest “ we apologize for inconvenience and we will make sure to do better next time” but instead this woman yelled at me twice. You have cameras, pls watch them and check because i promise you these woman are starting fights with guests, wasting time and not doing a good job. You will clearly see at #:25pm today I was leaving my room with my dog when ALEXANDRA followed me out to start an argument.

I WAS LEAVING TO GIVE HER MORE TIME TO CLEAN because clearly 2 1/2 hours is not enough time yet she stopped me to yell at me claiming disrespect. If your staff can’t keep

This lady is claiming my room was a huge mess but its no messier then the rest of the hotel due to the mess outside.

So excuses don’t fly and that is all she has done was give me an excuse after another as to why she shouldn’t have to do her job.

I will be sending this amendment to head office as well and I hope u do review the video and see her come out of my room to start the fight and then again at 6 pm follow me to the front desk to start more arguments.

I will never stay here again and hope u rectify this issue before you lose more long guests cuz as I said i travel 200 days a year and thats 200 days u just lost business

Original review posted by user Feb 28

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS HOTEL FOR 3 DAYS AND THE STAFF HAVE NOT COME TO CLEAN MY ROOM. I COMPLAINED, TO CUSTOMER SERVICE GUY RUBAN, SEVERAL TIMES AND FINALLY WHEN THE CLEANING STAFF CAME AT 3 THIS AFTERNOON THEY GAVE ME ATTITUDE (I LEFT BTWN NOON AND 2PM WITH MY PETS FOR THEM TO CLEAN BUT CAME BACK TO A MESSY ROOM). THEY BLAME ME FOR HOW MESSY BUT IT'S SPRING TIME IN CANADA & I HAVE A DOG AND ITS MUDDY OUT AND I CLEAN UP AS BEST I CAN BUT ALL THEY WERE ASKED TO DO WAS CHANGE THE PILLOW CASES AND SWEEP AND MOP THE FLOORS AS WELL AS CLEAN THE BATHROOM. NOTHING WAS CLEANED BUT THE BED AFTER 25 MIN OF LEAVING THE ROOM BECAUSE THEY WERE CLEANING MORE THEN ONE ROOM AT A TIME.

I PAY FOR THIS SPACE AND SHOULD NOT BE FORCED OUT ALL AFTERNOON JUST TO HAVE A CLEAN ROOM. WHEN I RETURNED AT 3:30 WITH MY PETS AND AGAIN MADE A COMPLAINT THAT I AM STILL WAITING OUTSIDE THE BUILDING WITH PETS THEY GOT MAD AND REFUSED TO FINISH CLEANING AND LEFT ME WITHOUT BEDDING OR A CLEAN ROOM. THEIR EXCUSE IS THERE WAS DIRT ON THE BEDDING BUT ITS A HOTEL AND AS SUCH HAS LOTS OF BEDDING SO WHY ARE THEY CLAIMING ONLY THE BLANKETS THAT WERE ORIGINALLY IN THE ROOM COULD BE USED - CLEARLY TOO MANY EXCUSES FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOBS. I COULD HAVE CLEANED THIS ENTIRE ROOM IN UNDER 15 MIN SO WHY IS IT PROFESSIONAL CLEANERS CAN'T DO IT IN A HALF HOUR?!

NOW I WANT TO LEAVE AND GO TO A CLEAN HOTEL WITH LESS ATTITUDE BUT THEY WILL NOT REFUND THE DAY CUZ IT'S PASSED THE CHECKOUT TIME, WHICH IS THIER FAULT NOT MINE.

ALSO AFTER LOOKING AROUND I NOTICED CIGARETTES ASHES AND BUTTS IN THE WINDOWS SO THEY HAVE NOT CLEANED THIS ROOM PROPERLY BEFORE I ARRIVED. ALSO THE MAID IS TELLING ME IF MY ROOM IS MESSY I HAVE TO ASK TO HAVE IT CLEANED....SINCE WHEN???? IT'S EXPECTED THEY COME IN EVERYDAY TO CLEAN I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK EVEN THOUGH I DID ASK ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS ONLY TO BE IGNORED. THE PICTURES CLEARLY SHOW HOW MESSY THIS ROOM WAS AND AS U CAN SEE IT'S NOT SO BAD THAT A HALF AND HOUR WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TIME TO CLEAN. THIS STAFF IS LAZY AND HAVE TOO MANY EXCUSES NOT TO DO THEIR JOBS. WHEN I RETURNED AFTER THE 30MIN SHE ASKED FOR TO CLEAN UP, THE MAID CAME OUT OF MY ROOM YELLING AT ME WHICH CAUSED A SHOUTING MATCH IN THE HALLWAY OF THE HOTEL BECAUSE THE MAID WAS TAKING HER TIME AND EXPECTED ME TO WAIT OR SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO HER JOB THEN SHE WALKED AWAY LEAVING MY ROOM UNDUNE.

THE PICTURES SHOW HOW THEY ;LEFT ME IN THE ROOM AND EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR IT.

I STAY 200 DAYS A YEAR IN HOTELS AND JUST STARTED COMING TO THIS ONE - THIS HOTEL HAS LOST MY BUSINESS. I KNOW HOTEL ROUTINES AND ROOMS THAT ARE OCCUPIED GET CLEANED FIRST AND ALWAYS BTWN NOON -2PM SO THE GUEST DOES NOT HAVE TO LEAVE FOR LONG. I GAVE THEM 2 1/2 HOURS TO CLEAN AND ALL THEY MANAGED TO DO WAS CLEAN THE BATHROOM SINK AND CHANGE THE PILLOW CASES AND THROW THE SAME SHEETS ON THE BED BUT TOOK THE OTHER BLANKETS FROM MY ROOM AND THEY REFUSE TO RETURN WITH MY BLANKETS NOW SO I HAVE NONE. I WON'T BE RETURNING TO ANY OF THE MOTEL 6 CHAINS BECAUSE OF THIS STAFFS BEHAVIOUR AMD LACK OF CLEANLINESS.

I WANT REIMBURSEMENT FOR THIS ROOM AS ITS BEEN 3 DAYS WITHOUT CLEANING AND NOW THEY JUST WONT CLEAN IT AT ALL.

ATTITUDE PROBLEMS WITH STAFFF NEED TO BE ADDRESSED CUZ LAST TIME I CHECKED STAFF SHOULD NEVER FOLLOW A GUEST INTO THE HALLWAY TO YELL AT THEM. I WAS WALKING BACK OUTSIDE TO WAIT WHEN THEY DID THIS AND ALL I HAD SAID WAS "YA, SURE" WHEN SHE SAID SORRY FOR NOT BEING DONE. THATS' NOT A REASON TO YELL AT THE GUEST. I DON'T KNOW HER NAME BUT SHE IS YOUNG AND WEARS A TON OF MAKEUP AND THE OTHER OLDER LADY MAIDE CAME TO HELP HER FIGHT WITH ME AND BOTH OF THEM LEFT ME VERY FRAZZLED AND WITHOUT A CLEAN SPACE.

IN FINAL WORDS WHEN I ASKED FOR THE MOTEL HEAD OFFICE NUMBER TO COMPLAIN THEY GAVE ME THE NUMBER TO THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THIS VERY HOTEL. I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM BECAUSE CLEARLY HE ALLOWS THIS BEHAVIOUR FROM HIS STAFF. I BELIEVE MOTEL 6 HEAD OFFICE SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE BEHAVIOUR OF THEIR STAFF & DO A QUALITY CHECK AT THIS HOTEL FOR IT IS CLEARLY LACKING.

KRISTEEN CARRIERE

289-975-1616

WINNIPEG MANITOBA RESIDENT

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Motel 6 Accommodation
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #799478 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Motel 6? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
235 of 495 Motel 6 reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 14 #1127316

I can top your story. Motel 6 Cocoa Beach FL. Checked in, inspected bedsheets from provious experiences.
Sheets #1 pubic hairs, hairs in sink, hairs in bathtub. Manager sent housekeeping.
Sheets#2, after housekeeping came, still hair in sink, hair in bathtup, more hairs on NEW sheets. Head of housekeeping dripping with attitude.
Sheets #3 after Head of housekeeping came, more hair on new sheets, sink wiped, bathtub wiped.
I went down to Reception, got asked to collect my things and leave the hotel!!! Is this the new standard of Motel 6? They have always skimped on cleanliness, but they now blame it on the customer.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Motel 6. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Motel 6.
Filing a new complaint about
×