1.3
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user Jun 20

Company accepted zero culpability. No one even called.

I had to call overseeing company but no one from the chain nor hotel in question bothered even calling.

Left response to negative review that stated they kept their place clean. Obviously they didn’t look at pics.

Original review posted by user May 21

On May 14th, 2018 we stopped at your hotel to try and just get a decent night of sleep along the way to our destination. We have stayed at the chain before and after seeing your website and that it had the newer renovations that others have had, assumed it’d be the same standards.

Upon check in, the clerk asked if he smoked(bc he had cigarettes in his pocket). He stated yes, but he never smokes in or around the exterior doors or anywhere even close to where the employees deem it ok to smoke. Ironically. He was told a smoking room was our only option regardless. (I should mention that I have asthma and he can’t smoke anywhere near me but they didn’t want to hear it). We were exhausted by that point and decided to just make the best of it.

Mistake.

The room WREAKED of stale smoke. We left the door open a while and sprayed the entire bottle of travel febreeze to help.

Then we started looking around. The light switches were CAKED with just grime and dirt, those that had covers at least. The vent in bathroom was disgusting. The tub was filthy and literally cleaned it out with shampoo just to shower. The floors were water stained. Even the fire alarm had been ripped out which I believe is illegal. The windows hadn’t been cleaned in ages and were textured from so much filth. Then you get to the bedding. The top blanket, cigarette-hole, burned up bedding that was obviously not washed in months. Oily dirty stains everywhere on both beds. We had to peel them off and pile on chairs just to not see them.

Apparently the way this location “disposes” of nasty bedding is to cram it all under the outside staircases all wadded up on the dirty concrete. There was probably ten sheets thrown under there “hidden” yet anyone could see if you had to walk up the stairs.

I have never in my life seen such utter disregard, neglect and filth at a motel 6 in my life. I have never written about or to a hotel because of stay issues or accommodations but this needed addressed.

I have included pics showing room number and the “accommodations”.

Comments

Where was this? Taking family vacation from Michigan to pigeon forge Tenn. Definetly don't want to stay here !!!

to debwingfan #1485609

Dickson TN. Honestly there was SO much bad or wrong here that I could care less about a refund or anything I just didn’t want another family to get into a “have to” situation bc of fatigue or lack of another hotel close.

I’ve been called a liar, that I took the pics of google, that I was a scammer. Absolutely no reason for any of that.

Hope the review helps. I’m waiting to hear back further from the company.